Beatles with the Maharishi

Beatles with the Maharishi
Beatles with the Maharishi

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

When did your Beatles interest begin?

For me it was in the fifth grade back in 1972. I was part of a gang in school named after the Monkeys. Some of us within the gang started fighting with other gang members and decided to form our own gang. We decided to call our gang the Beatles, as the Monkeys were created as a group based upon the Beatles. And then my interest in the Beatles was born. When it came time to do our book reports in school, I found the Hunter Davies Beatles biography and decided to do a book report on that book. I started buying all their records. I was reading the book and asking kids about the Beatles. Most of the kids my age were not into the Beatles, as they had split up a few years before. I seemed to get more information about the Beatles from older kids and my babysitters. My parents were divorced and my mom was out dating so I had babysitters most nights. I was ten and my sitters were 16 and 18 years old. Older women. So talking about the Beatles was a good conversation piece. "I am doing a book report on the Beatles," I'd say and the girls were very eager to help me. What do the songs mean? What is this about Paul being dead? What do I hear when I play this Beatles song backwards? And it just went from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment